This position will perform assigned billing function duties, ensuring appropriate controls, accuracy, and customer satisfaction related to billing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain controls and the general integrity of ORBIS’ accounting system.
2. Manage outgoing billings.
3. Manage specialized invoicing process (assisting with related collection efforts as required).
4. Manage entry and billing of credit memos and debit memos.
5. Various month-end closing tasks (tax reporting, services billing) and journal entries.
6. General ledger account reconciliations.
7. Promote sales and use tax compliance (analysis, maintaining tax exemption tables in SAP, etc.).
8. Order entry auditing (toward maintaining billing and sales tax accuracy).
9. Investigation of credit card issues and daily credit card reporting.
10. Assist with state sales and use tax audits.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of basic business and accounting principles, including the standard revenue cycle and factors that affect it.
2. Strong computer and spreadsheet skills (prior SAP experience desired).
3. Highly motivated and independent worker with a desire to drive continual performance improvement and process refinement.
4. Excellent communication skills required.
5. Sales and use tax knowledge.
6. Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools, and strategies.
7. Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
8. Knowledge of and ability to use processes, tools, and techniques for exploring and evaluating alternative financial scenarios and results.
9. Knowledge of the functions, tools, and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization.
10. Knowledge of the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining the books of the organization and preparing financial statements and reports.
11. Ability to handle the stress of working with others.
12. Availability outside of normal business hours.
13. Ability to lead by example.