Manage and oversee all aspects of the manufacturing site(s) including safety, quality, cost, manufacturing, engineering, materials, human resources, and information systems. Drive performance metrics through the execution of goals and objectives. Implement solutions to improve all aspects of the business unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead day to day operations of the facility including EH&S, distribution, production, profitability, quality, and scheduling.
2. Build a high performing workforce in which individual contributions are maximized through collaborative efforts.
3. Establish and implement organizational policies, processes, and procedures.
4. Implement flexible manufacturing systems to meet changing customer needs that maintain a standard of reliability and reduces the cost of conversion.
5. Identify capital requirements to deploy technologies that are adaptive and developmental in maintaining a competitive position.
6. Confer with plant personnel to review activity and operating reports to determine changes in programs or operations.
7. Oversee continuous improvement activities supporting LEAN manufacturing and establishing continuous improvement teams to targeted areas of improvement.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to handle the stress of working with others.
2. Ability to be available outside of normal work hours.
3. Ability to assess employee performance and coach and develop others.
4. Ability to lead by example.
5. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of roles.
6. Ability to meet customer expectations.
7. Ability to implement strategies for cost reduction, quality improvement, and on-time shipments.
8. Knowledge of SAP or equivalent system.
9. Knowledge of an ISO 9000 or QS 9000 system.
10. Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations, and regulatory requirements associated with the safety and protection of the employees, environment, and site.