Responsible for all activities at the service center including the receipt, processing, coordination, quality, and safety of materials coming through the site. Also ensures that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversight and enforcement of ORBIS Safety Programs.
2. Daily review of production metrics and KPI’s (Labor expense, Forklift/Machine Repairs, Cost/Sort, Sorts/Hour).
3. Provide leadership to employees by demonstrating ORBIS standards and expectations on an everyday basis.
4. Direct continuous improvement to maximize efficiency and eliminate waste throughout the facility.
5. Establish and maintain a professional relationship with local customers.
6. Achieve budgeted financial goals for the service center.
7. Accurate inventory management.
8. Resolve any quality problems/complaints
9. Perform self-inspection on service centers relative to production and safety.
10. Procure and maintain all needed operation and facility supplies (Forklifts, Washing Machines, etc).
11. Interview and hire all service center employees.
12. Ensure all employees are meeting job level expectations and requirements.
13. Motivate and train employees to maintain a succession plan for future growth/opportunities.
14. Consistently enforce ORBIS policies through the disciplinary action process.
15. Facilitate payment of site invoices with Finance, including inputs, approvals, new vendor information.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of and ability to use and influence an organization's policies, standards, and procedures guiding manufacturing processes
2. Knowledge of strategies and tools for controlling and optimizing the factors that lie between the purchase of raw materials and delivery of finished products
3. Ability to effectively manage the business relationship and transactions with the suppliers of raw materials or product components
4. Knowledge of issues and considerations for effectively managing local or distributed inventories of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods
5. Knowledge of the processes, tools, and operational considerations for effective and efficient movement of goods and materials throughout the manufacturing cycle
6. Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility
7. Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and product recipes/material identifications.
8. Superior leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people.
9. Beginning financial knowledge sufficient to understand/manage financial budgets and statements.
10. Understands LEAN Manufacturing practices and at least 1 year of experience in LEAN utilization.
11. OSHA Regulation Training.
12. Experience with Gas/Electric Forklifts.
13. Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
14. Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
15. Bi-Lingual skills preferred (required for positions outside the US)
16. Pro-active attitude about the job and company
17. Desire to advance within the company, including relocation if needed
18. Ability to travel to other sites as needed
19. Conduct self professionally to customers and visitors
20. Ability to manage expenses
21. Ability to adapt to changing environments
22. Ability to make difficult decisions
23. Ability to assess employee performance and coach and develop others
24. Ability to lead by example
25. Willingness and acceptance to change
26. Ability to handle the stress of working with others
27. Availability outside of normal business hours
28. Ability to multi-task