Directs the activities of multiple shifts coordinating and expediting the flow of containers inbound and outbound from customer plant to other plants or cross-docks and/or suppliers. To provide leadership and supervisor for general labor and forklift employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads and coordinates the shipping and receiving of containers from customers to suppliers.
2. Interacts with customer/supplier ensuring tasks are completed on time, with effective follow-up.
3. Assesses manpower needs based on present and past production requirements.
4. Observes and provides waste reduction opportunities related to employee productivity.
5. Prepares equipment and facility reports.
6. Assists with the design, layout (striping), maintenance, and continuous improvement of the work area(s).
7. Ensures ORBIS safety rules and policies are maintained and followed.
8. Adhere to facility 5S housekeeping standards.
9. Support and assist in the execution and continuous improvement of the quality policy and procedures.
10. Computer entry into spreadsheet/database input.
11. Administrative functions, as required.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Self-motivated and proactive
2. Strong communication skills
3. a basic understanding of budgets and P&L Statements
4. Ability to understand various manufacturing scheduling systems, such as MRP
5. PC Literate, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
6. Knowledge of LEAN tools
7. Bi-Lingual skills preferred (required for positions outside the US)
8. Pro-active attitude about the job and company
9. Ability to handle the stress of working with others
10. Availability outside of normal business hours
11. Ability to assess employee performance and coach and develop others
12. Desire to advance within the company, including relocation if needed
13. Ability to travel to other sites as needed
14. Ability to lead by example